When fall settles in, gardeners get busy and they get busy fast. It seems like every garden chore hits us at once and we feel like we’re scrambling to get it all done before winter’s arrival.
- Schedule your fall leaf clean-up
- Divide perennials
- Plant spring flowering bulbs
- Clean bed lines
- Extend gardens and amend soil to accommodate perennial divisions and new plant finds.
- Sharpen cutting tools. As the leaves fall, it will be far easier to see what needs to be trimmed for aesthetics as well as the health of trees and shrubs.
- Add pollinator friendly plants to the garden where you see large stands of mulch. Flowering perennials are far more attractive than mulch.
- Prep container gardens for fall and holiday displays.
Feeling a bit overwhelmed? Call us, we can handle the fall garden chores for you.